Oh, February. How you can give me the funk. But alas, there really is far too much to be joyful about to be February-funked-out for too long. This time of year, I find myself a little more mindful - a little more attentive to the things that bring me joy. They're extra-appreciated amidst the cold and the snow, and the sometimes dreary days. And so today, I bring you my February Ten - ten little joys that are making me smile this week. Feel free to play along if you wish - in the comments, on your blog, on paper, in your head. It feels good.
1. the bursts of color that radiate from the kids' drawing table
2. a new (but more expensive - dang!) chocolate love
3. a battle of epic and now-comic proportions with Banjo over his admittance into my studio
4. the big toothless gap in my seven year olds' mouth
5. the sudden and beautiful appearance of arms, legs, and faces in my baby girls' drawings
6. a manuscript that's molding into just the right shape at just the right time
7. how in just the right light, the snow looks like a crisp and cozy down comforter - kinda
8. the sound of my honey's guitar and the ripple of delight that follows it through the house
9. the deliberate and determined sounding out of words by my newest reader
10. the sun - gracing us with its presence longer and longer each day
Wishing you many, many little February joys and a lovely weekend!